Finding Love Being a Hemophiliac?

     Finding love being a hemophiliac seems stupid when I write it, because we wouldn't have so many hemophiliacs if no one loved them, right?  My son, Marques (9), is starting to talk to me more about liking girls...every year now he seems to find a girl in his class he has a crush on.  For the first time though, I started worrying about some girl saying she doesn't like him because he has hemophilia and wears a helmet to play. 

     I expect it is normal for all boys to get turned down by girls for one reason or another...I use to turn guys down for being short...until I met my husband L.O.L.  When I was starting to date and felt the relationship might be serious, I would tell the guy about the possibility of me having a hemophiliac child...I first did this at 17 and the way I was crying probably scared the hell out of him.  I always thought me having the possibility of having a hemophiliac son would be a deal breaker.  I don't want to raise my own kids to think that way.  I want my daughters to be confident that any one worthy of marrying them would stand by them to raise a family regardless what God put before them.  (I pray there is a cure for hemophilia before they have kids)  I hope my sons choose their spouse the same way.

     So I guess I have to be strong for Marques when he comes home that first time and says, "She doesn't like me because I have hemophilia".  I need to be ready for what I am going to say to him so that he doesn't let the fact that he has hemophilia hinder him from being the "Mac Daddy" he thinks he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...