Insurance Not Making It Affordable!!!

     For the last 7 years I have had it easy being a Prophyholic HemoMom.  My ex-husband had great insurance!  When it was time for Marques (8) to get his port, I didn't think twice about it, getting his factor or at the time having nurses come out to the house....no problem, we paid nothing out of pocket.  I knew not having "good" insurance was a problem for some hemophiliacs like my Dad, so I was grateful for the insurance my ex-husband had. 


     When I had Laithan and Layla (1) with my current husband, he did not have any insurance.  He was working a temp to perm job at the time, so we were hoping he would get hired before I had the twins.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen so I tried applying for Medicaid but was denied.  Laithan's first few hematology appointments I still owe for today....Luckily, Baxter had a free sample program so we were able to get 6 doses of factor free.  I just prayed we wouldn't need them or it would last us until we had insurance.
    
     After some guidance from the Hematologist Clinic Social Worker, I was able to find a program in SC called the Child Rehabilitative Services (CRS).  They provide free blood products and supplies to children with Hemophilia.  When we were approved for that program, I was jumping for joy and proud of myself for researching, driving down to the health office, completing the paperwork and getting approved.  Finally, when the twins were 7 months old my husband was hired permanently and we finally had insurance.  The insurance now paid for the Dr. appointments, but I was still getting the factor through CRS. 
    
     After thinking, "okay I have this all under control!" My ex-husband has decided to move closer, which means that Marques no longer has the "good" insurance.  My ex-husband job has a co-pay for the factor which will cost me about $200 month (so funny, UPS just rung the door bell to deliver it).  Still, I know for some families they pay more than $200 month, but since I am now a stay-at-home Mom I don't know how to stick this $200 in our budget.  However, I do know I can get his factor for free like Laithans.  I will be going down to my County's CRS and adding him onto the application.  I also now have a co-pay of  $65 to see the hematologist verses the $10 and $130 emergency room co-pay verses $50.
    
     Thank you to all the hemophilia health advocates, hemophilia associations and families that fight for these state programs!!  I am now dealing with the true realities of how expensive being a Prophyholic HemoMom really is.

1 comment:

  1. I never believed that i will be happy again after much frustration. I am Laura Brinks from USA. I have been rejected by my husband after Six(6) years of marriage just because he met another woman and he left me and the kids to suffer.One day when i was reading through the web i stumbled at a post on how god fulaan the great spell caster has helped people to restore broken marriages and relationships and curing of diseases.I emailed him immediately to help my situation via: godfulaantemple@gmail.com He told me not to worry that my husband will return to me begging and shedding tears of forgiveness. I am so happy that my husband actually returned to me in 48 hours after i obeyed the words and instructions of great god fulaan, he helped me to get job promotion in my Office and also helped my husband to cast a spell which landed him a high paying contract to work as an underwater welder on a rig and it's what he's always wanted to do. contact him today in any of your problems for a lasting solution:
    If you want your ex lover back.
    if you want to divorce or stop your divorce.
    Pregnancy spell to conceive and bear baby.
    If you want to be cured of Herpes, Fibroid Cancers and other diseases.
    You want to be rich and famous.
    You want to be promoted in your office.
    if you want to win the troubling court cases.
    You want your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    Contact great fulaan via: godfulaantemple@gmail.com for lasting spell solution to all your problems.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...