Factor Strike

     I considered myself fortunate to have a two year old sit still while I gave him his factor.  I know having hemophilia matures our sons, but even my first son needed to sit on someone's lap.  Not Laithan though. 

     I started giving Laithan his factor in his high chair, since I had no one to hold him during the day.  As he has gotten older, he started sitting on the regular chair by himself while I gave him his factor.  A few weeks ago, something changed.  He started refusing to get his factor.  He would not sit still and just said, "No, Mommy".  No bribes would work; fruit snacks, icee or cookies, the answer still remained, "No, Mommy".  At first when he refused, I could get his older brother to hold his hand and that seemed to work...for a week.  Then it was Daddy's turn to hold his hand...then somewhere in there it turned into sitting on Daddy's lap. 

     Now, Daddy has to almost put him in a death lock grip so I can give him his factor.  It's amazing that a 2 year old has the wiggle strength to still get away.  So, now my husband gives me dirty looks because I can't stick a moving target!  The crazy thing is after I get the needle in, he yells at his Daddy to get out of his seat...



     So, I need to get a new strategy going.  We visited the Dr.'s office last week, the nurse assured me the port still felt great, because I thought that could be a problem.  The older kids go back to school next week, I think getting back into a schedule will help.  I just need to get Laithan to relax again when getting his factor before I have to hurt him and his Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...