No School Missed Due To Hemophilia!

     Well, in less than 30 days the kids will be back in school.  This summer went by so quick; yet not quick enough.  I am starting to schedule the kids doctor appointments so they can get their factor levels checked.  I think Marques has not been to the Hemophilia Dr. in over 6 months and Laithan has not been to the Dr.'s since January.  I'm hoping that is a good thing.

     One thing I never mentioned was, Marques made it through the entire year only missing one day of school.  The one day was maybe 2 weeks before school ended, he caught a bug.  He was so disappointed because he really wanted the perfect attendance award.  I had to let him know he already received his award by having a bleed free school year!  Yes, the nurse did call a few times for falls, but nothing major that required additional factor. 

     This is his first year not missing school due to his hemophilia.  My father would be proud because he use to tell me about all the time he had to miss from school.  I pray that next year we have the same luck.  I'm thinking about letting him not bring his helmet to school to wear to gym and recess, but as I write this....I'm getting nervous!

     How are your kids doing with attendance at school?  Is hemophilia becoming less of a reason for being absent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...