Goals for attending HSC 2012 Educational Symposium and Family Weekend


     I should be packing for this weekend, but I also need to write this post because I’m packing to attend South Carolina Annual Educational Symposium and Family Weekend.  It's like a local/mini version of NHF annual meeting held in Mrytle Beach, SC.  This year went by so fast…last year’s meeting is still fresh in my head. 
2011 Educationl Symposium pictures

     I wanted to make sure I wrote a post before I went to hold myself accountable for a few goals I wanted to accomplish this weekend.  I’m already disappointed that this is the only hemophilia event I’ve been able to attend this year.  I almost made the decision to back out of going to this one because Maree’ (oldest daughter) is competing in the State Middle School Mock Trial Competition this weekend.  I’m double booked, but we are going to attend the first day of the competition Friday then head to the Symposium.  Thank goodness the competition is on the way and will break up our 4 hour drive.  My daughter knows how important it is for us to attend the meeting and she is also disappointed she's will miss out on spending time with friends she made last year (Thank goodness for Facebook!)

     Like my daughter was able to do last year, I want to come away with people I can continue a relationship with.  It would be great to stay in contact and “know” (not just a Facebook or Twitter know) someone local.  So, that is goal number one. 
     Goal number two is to continue to learn something new or learn another best practice from another family.  In the same respect maybe I can offer a new family a best practice.

     Goal number three. Have fun.  We are at the beach for the weekend…this is an easy goal!  We are in meetings all day, but during the breaks I take a moment to go outside and appreciate where I am.  Hopefully, the twins will sit on Santa’s lap this year at the Holiday Dinner.
     I plan on Tweeting from the meeting this weekend to share our adventure and pictures!  You can follow on facebook or twitter…wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...