Encouraging Your Child With Health Issues- Video Thursday

     During the Hemophilia of South Carolina 2012 Education Symposium Family Weekend, we had a session presented by Lisa Greene, BS CCP - "Winning with Hemophilia; Raising Happy Healthier Kids".  Lisa is a mother of two children with cystic fibrosis.  She co-authored a book called,"Parenting Children With Health Issues"

     Its funny, I never thought about seeking out information on how to parent my children because they have a health issue!  During the session, some of the things Lisa discussed hit home with the things we were dealing with; even with our teenage daughter who has asthma.  Since I didn't win the book in the raffle...dang... I went to her web page to get more information.  My son is getting older and getting back to learning how to self-infuse and we'll be retiring the helmet for gym/recess next year.. yikes.  I need for him to take more responsibility with taking care of himself.

Marques practicing 2 years ago (8)..should of never stopped!

     On the website, Parenting Children With Health Issues, Lisa's discusses Five Essential Keys for Raising Responsible Kids with her co-author Dr. Cline that they discuss in the book.
  1. Experience
  2. Example
  3. Empathy
  4. Encouragement
  5. Expectations
  I chose to share the video on Encouragement, because I need to practice how to properly encourage my son as he learns to self-infuse.  I encourage you to watch all five videos!



ENCOURAGEMENT: The Essential Es of Raising Responsible Kids
Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Lisa Greene, BS CCP

Could you relate to how you talk to your children now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...