What's Wrong With A "Mama's Boy"? - Video Thursday

     My husband is a proud "Mama's Boy".  When we started dating I knew early on that Sunday was his day to spend with his Mom.  I accepted that.  To be honest with you, it was one of the things that I liked the most.  I would rag on him a little bit about it, but it was a sexy thing.


   
Disney World 2011
  With my own sons, I hope they care about me the same way.  With both of them having hemophilia, I have experienced some of the most stressful times in my life worried about them.  I have learned from their birth to be intuitive to their feelings, so I could identify bleeds.  I had to comfort them, when at the same time, hold them down so strangers could stick them with needles.  I had to contain my own  feelings in order to stick them myself.  So, I have been there for them through everything.  They have come to depend on me.  They are and forever will be "Mama's Boys".  At the same time, I know as they get older, I have start putting the responsibility of their care on them such as self-infusion and ordering their own factor.
 

     Yes, I have worried whether all this special attention would make them "less of a Man" or any of the other negative stigmas that the term "Mama's Boy" have.  I found this video of a Mom, Kate Stone Lombardi, that looked into the "Mama's Boy Myth" and did research to confirm that there are benefits to nurturing your son!  In her book, "The Mama's Boy Myth",  she determined that "close mother-son relationship makes boys stronger and ultimately helps them be better partners and husbands," reported by Susan Donaldson James of ABC Good Morning America.

 


Watch More News Videos at ABC | Technology News | Celebrity News

Have you worried about being too close to your son and creating a "Mama's Boy"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...