No more free factor!

     To my surprise, I called to order my son's factor from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC), as I have been doing for over the past year, and they tell me I can not get their factor from them anymore.  I was told that I should be able to get factor from my insurance company and this was discovered when they went to submit the bill for the factor.  This is news to me.  I tried to get factor from my insurance company pharmacy and no one knew what hemophilia was or who to send me to to discuss what I needed. 

     To my luck and surprise this time I was only transferred around twice and a representative from CVS Caremark special pharmacy department was able to help me with no problem.  After two weeks, I was approved and the factor was delivered and I also received a visit from a CVS Caremark Customer Relations representative.

     I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed in myself for not getting through to someone at Caremark the first time.  I was fortunate enough to get both my sons set up on the free factor program and SCDHEC was great to deal with.  I now have a $50 co-pay for each of my sons when I order factor, but all supplies are included.  I know we are still fortunate because some people pay more than this.  After further research, I noticed CVS Caremark advertisement on a Hemophilia of NC newsletter with the contact names and phone numbers of the individuals that are helping me now.  Too bad I didn't read this newsletter before.  I consider myself lucky that this transition was easy! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...