Still on Factor Strike

  I blogged two months ago about my son Laithan (2) on Factor strike.  There has been no changes....well maybe a little.  I told you how he use to be so great sitting there like a champ in a chair by himself while I gave him factor.  Now my husband has to hold him down.

     He has improved a little.  When he first started his factor strike he would run to his room or sit at the top of the steps, while I was getting things ready.  Now, when I say, "factor time" he runs to get his supplies.  At the age of two, he already knows what to get and how to use it.  My mother was so impressed this week when he brought her into the pantry and explained everything.  She suggested (in her motherly way) I need to record it...so I will and I'll share it with you.  You would think that he was a pro taking his factor.  He still insist on sitting on my husbands lap, he lets me wipe his port area off with alcohol and then ....as the needle goes up....he tries to kick or swipe it away and the hold down begins.


     I really try to calm him down and encourage him by calling him a big boy and also have him tell me what to do to get his mind off being stuck, but it doesn't work.  He tells me, "It hurts Mommy".  I tried using the numbing cream, but it doesn't make a difference.  He has developed a real fear of being stuck.  It's like as soon as he tells me to take the cover off the needle...it's freak out time.  Once I'm in...he is fine.  He kicks his dad out the seat and pushes the factor in himself.

     I worry that this is going on too long because Laithan is really a child of routine.  I think fighting with my husband has become part of his routine when it's time to get factor.  I really need to get back to him sitting in the chair by himself, so I can give him his factor earlier in the day instead of waiting until the evening when Dad comes home.  It just hit me writing this ...I am home alone during the day and if he has an accident I won't be able to treat him.

     I didn't have this issue with Marques, so this is new for me.  So far, I have tried every bribe from treats, Cailou to his brother encouraging him.  Even when I played factor with him, I moved around to make it hard for him.  He was telling me to stop moving, so he could give me my factor.  I tried to get him to relate it to me having a hard time when he moved....it hasn't worked.

     Does anybody have any suggestions that has worked for them...or am I just dealing with a knuckle head :)!


     SEE UPDATE

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments or sharing your own stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...